Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

More Photo Treasures!

In my previous post, I shared a few photos sent to me by cousins after I blogged about the folks in them. As a follow up, I'm sharing the photos. Now to add the others I promised. The ones here are more photos shared by cousin Lee Nelsen from his mother Virginia Troutman Nelsen's collection.

I'm not sure what happened to put Grandma Mary's brother, Jake Waggoner, into this wheelchair, but here he is. Looks as if he isn't the only invalid in the photo. Note the crutch and man on Leo's left. Read more about Jake here.
Jake Waggoner
Here's another photo of Grandma Mary's brother, Leo Waggoner, taken in Fresno, California, 7 May 1922. Leo is the man on the left. More of Leo's story can be found here.

Recently, I learned from Cousin Debbie Imus that she remembers visiting Leo in California. It's better in her words: "He lived with someone we called Aunt Ann. My father loved his Uncle Leo [his namesake].  I was probably 8 or 9. I remember we drove up back roads on a dirt road to get to his house. He gave all three of us kids a rattlesnake tail rattler. And Aunt Ann gave me a silver bracelet with a turquoise stone in it." What great memories! Thanks, Debbie, for sharing them.

More photos of Leo and friends. Too bad these photos are not dated and place identified also.

Leo is on the left.
Leo is the one standing beside another unknown friend.

Enough for now. More to come.


© 2015, Z. T. Noble






No comments:

Post a Comment